Sheela Raja, PhD
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Selected talks are listed below. For more information
Trainings, Invited Talks and Keynote Presentations in Healthcare Settings
Dr. Raja is a highly sought after speaker in the areas of stress management, post-traumatic stress disorder, trauma-informed care and healthcare communication. Please contact her if you are interested in trainings, keynotes or panel discussions.
Trainings can be tailored to the needs of your audience and their background.
Abbreviated List of Invited Talks
- “Integrating Trauma Treatments: The Intersection of CBT, DBT and ACT for PTSD. Two Day Training Seminar for Solutions on Site, Ontario, Canada, November, 2014.
- "The Impact of Traumatic Exposure and Principles of Trauma-Informed Care.” Live and Webcast Address for the Office on Women’s Health, US. Department of Health and Human Services, Ohio State University, September, 2014.
- "Trauma Informed Care in Health Settings." Invited Address for the Chicago Schweitzer Fellows, September, 2013
- "Traumatic Events and Health Disparities." Invited Address for the Chicago Medical Society, February, 2013.
- "Motivational Interviewing for Pediatricians." Training at the Illinois Academy of Pediatrics, June 2012.
- "Behavioral Aspects of Interacting with Traumatized Patients." Society for Behavioral Medicine, New Orleans, April, 2012.
- “Traumatic Events and the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC).” Governor’s Office, Atlanta, GA, December 2011.
- “Trauma-Informed Care in Medicine and Social Service.” Keynote Address, The Women’s Building (in Conjunction with the National Center for Trauma-Informed Care), State University of New York- Albany, September 2011.
- "Trauma Informed Care: Practical Solutions for Patients, Providers and Organizations.” National Webinar for the Office on Women's Health, Department of Health and Human Services, February 2011. (Over 1500 participants nation-wide)
- “An Interprofessional Approach to Trauma-Informed Care.” Office on Women’s Health, Department of Health and Human Services National Meeting, June 2011.
- “Adopting Universal Trauma Precautions: Serving Patients Who Have Survived Sexual Violence.” New Jersey Coalition Against Sexual Assault, Princeton, NJ, December 2010.
- “Trauma Informed Care in Medical and Dental Education.” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Special Expert Resource Meeting on Trauma Informed Practices, Washington, DC, October 2010.
- “Physical Health Consequences of Sexual Assault: Training for Rural Healthcare Providers.” Sexual Assault Resource Analysis (SARA) Project, Michigan State University, Gaylord, MI and Kalamazoo, MI, August 2010.
- “Interdisciplinary Approaches to Trauma-Informed Care: Survivors and the Healthcare System.” Federal Roundtable on Women and Trauma, The Federal Partners’ Senior Workgroup for Mental Health Transformation Committee on Women and Trauma, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Washington DC, April 2010