Sheela Raja, PhD
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Selected talks are listed below. For more information
Trainings, Invited Talks and Keynote Presentations in Healthcare Settings
Dr. Raja is a highly sought after speaker in the areas of stress management, post-traumatic stress disorder, trauma-informed care and healthcare communication. Please contact her if you are interested in trainings, keynotes or panel discussions.
Trainings can be tailored to the needs of your audience and their background.
Abbreviated List of Invited Talks and Conference Presentations
- "Interpersonal Violence Survivors: Understanding Neurophysiology and Behavioral Coping." Society for Behavioral Medicine, San Diego, CA, March, 2017.
- "The Role of Adverse Childhood Events in Pediatric Dental Care: Implications for Trauma-Informed Dental Practice." Society for Behavioral Medicine, San Diego, CA, March 2017
- "Teaching Physicians to Engage in Trauma Informed Care: Online Clinical Cases." Society for Behavioral Medicine, Washington, DC, April, 2016.
- "The Impact of Traumatic Exposure and Principles of Trauma-Informed Care.” Live and Webcast Address for the Office on Women’s Health, US. Department of Health and Human Services, Ohio State University, September, 2014.
- “Integrating Trauma Treatments: The Intersection of CBT, DBT and ACT for PTSD. Two Day Training Seminar for Solutions on Site, Ontario, Canada, November, 2014.
- “Secondary Stress: Caring for the Caregiver.” Keynote Address. Lutheran Church Charities, Chicago, IL, July, 2014.
- "Trauma Informed Care in Health Settings." Invited Address for the Chicago Schweitzer Fellows, Chicago, IL, September, 2013
- "Traumatic Events and Health Disparities." Invited Address for the Chicago Medical Society, Chicago, IL, February, 2013.
- “Traumatic Events and the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC).” Governor’s Office, Atlanta, GA, December 2011.
- “Trauma-Informed Care in Medicine and Social Service.” Keynote Address, The Women’s Building (in Conjunction with the National Center for Trauma-Informed Care), State University of New York- Albany, September 2011.
- "Trauma Informed Care: Practical Solutions for Patients, Providers and Organizations.” National Webinar for the Office on Women's Health, Department of Health and Human Services, February 2011. (Over 1500 participants nation-wide)
- “An Interprofessional Approach to Trauma-Informed Care.” Office on Women’s Health, Department of Health and Human Services National Meeting, June 2011.
- “Adopting Universal Trauma Precautions: Serving Patients Who Have Survived Sexual Violence.” New Jersey Coalition Against Sexual Assault, Princeton, NJ, December 2010.
- “Trauma Informed Care in Medical and Dental Education.” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Special Expert Resource Meeting on Trauma Informed Practices, Washington, DC, October 2010.